1. CHECK-IN TIME: 4:00 PM CENTRAL TIME. Because the time between check-out and the next check-in is used for cleaning and to perform any necessary maintenance or repairs, we're not able to accommodate early arrivals. The lock box code will not be activated until 4PM, so please plan your arrival accordingly.
2. CHECK-OUT TIME: 10:00 AM. Due to our high standards of cleanliness, we appreciate your cooperation and ask that you depart no later than 10AM. The cleaning staff has a limited time to clean and prepare for the next guest. and because they normally arrive promptly at 10AM, there will be a $50 late departure fee deducted from your damage deposit if the unit is still occupied when the cleaning staff arrives.
3. ABSOLUTELY NO PETS are allowed. If any evidence of a pet(s) is found in your unit or on the premises, you will be required to vacate immediately and all prepaid funds, including damage deposit, will be forfeited.
4. AGE REQUIREMENTS: RESERVATIONS MADE FOR ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 25 WILL NOT BE HONORED AND THOSE PERSONS WILL BE REQUIRED TO VACATE IMMEDIATELY WITH NO REFUND OF RENT OR DAMAGE DEPOSIT (there is no exception to this policy). THE INDIVIDUAL MAKING THE RESERVATION MUST BE 25 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND MUST BE PRESENT DURING THE ENTIRE STAY. We do not rent to chaperoned groups or vacationing college students. One (1) adult must accompany every three (3) individuals under the age of 25 and be present during the entire stay.
5. RESERVATION DEPOSIT: A reservation prepayment is required at the time of booking in order to confirm your reservation . The reservation payment is applied toward the total amount of the reservation and is not the damage deposit. Please refer to "Reservation Procedures" for a complete statement of payment requirements.
6. FINAL PAYMENT: The remaining balance (which includes fees and damage deposit) is due 2 or 3 weeks prior to the arrival date. Please refer to "Reservation Procedures" for a complete statement of payment requirements.
7. DAMAGE DEPOSIT: A Damage Deposit of $300- $500 will be required at the time of final payment. All units are inventoried and inspected before and after each occupancy. The Damage Deposit will be fully refunded within two weeks of your departure providing:
- No damage was done to the unit or its contents beyond normal wear and tear - you will be charged repair/replacement cost for damages.
- No items are missing from the unit - you will be charged replacement cost.
- There were no violations of the Smoking, Pet, Occupancy & Age Restrictions (total damage deposit will be forfeited)
- There will be a charge for linens that are missing, damaged, or have been stained from make-up*, tanning, bronzing & after sun lotions, etc. (*most mascara -particularly waterproof, cannot be completely removed, even with bleach, so you may wish to bring your own wash cloth to remove make-up). Replacement costs = Bath Towel $10, Hand Towel $6, Wash Cloth $3, Beach Towel $20
- If you will be traveling with an infant or toddler that may wet the bed, we recommend that you bring a mattress protector. You will be charged the replacement cost for mattress pads that have been soiled/stained
- All debris, all trash cans and waste baskets emptied, garbage and discards placed outside in the dumpster provided.
- Dishes are cleaned and returned to their proper cabinets, or placed in the dishwasher with the cleaning cycle started.
- All food removed from the refrigerator & freezer and any spills wiped (neither the cleaning staff nor the next arriving guests want your leftover food; regardless if it's unopened)
- Both keys provided are left on the kitchen counter. (there is a charge of $25 for each missing key)
- The unit is left in a reasonable state of cleanliness. (A minimum $50 charge if extra cleaning is required) A list of guidelines can be found in the unit.
- Beach towels are provided for your convenience at every property. Because the beach towels are not included in our laundry service, it will be necessary that you wash and dry any beach towels you used during your stay, prior to your departure. We're charged a flat fee of $25, whether 1 or all beach towels, are sent to the laundry, and this fee will be passed on to you. If you wash the white bathroom towels during your stay, please do not wash them with the beach towels or other dark colored items. Yes, we realize this sounds like something everyone should already know, however we frequently find our white towels have been tinted blue, green, red, etc. and bleach does not remove the dye once it’s been set in by the dryer. To avoid being charged for tinted towels, follow the same basic laundry procedures you’d use at home.
- The beach and pool equipment is inspected prior to each arrival to insure all items are in working order and inspected again following each departure. These items are provided for your convenience and any damage is not considered "normal wear & tear". So that each subsequent guest has access to these items, it will be necessary to deduct the replacement cost from the damage deposit for any item of beach or pool equipment that was damaged during your stay. This includes, and is not limited to, beach chairs, umbrellas, broken boogie boards and floats that have are deflated and no longer hold air.
PLEASE NOTE: Any expenses that are incurred to repair damage, replace missing items, pay for extra cleaning or any other violation of the Rental Policies, will be deducted from the damage deposit to offset expenses. Payment of the above stated penalties does not waive guest’s liability for damages or consequential damages.
8. LINENS: All beds are made; sheets, pillows and blanket for sleeper sofa are provided. Bath mats, kitchen towels and hot pads, one set of towels (1 bath, 1 hand, 1 wash cloth per number of people the unit sleeps), are provided. Extra linens or towels are not available.
9. Occupancy: The maximum number of guests permitted for each property:
- 2 Bedroom Condo: Beachcrest #505 - 4
- 2 Bedroom Townhomes: Beachfront #1, & #3 - 6 Walton Dunes Townhomes #3 & #4 - 6 7 Palms Townhome #5 - 4
- 3 Bedroom Condo: Sugar Dunes #13 - 8
- 3 Bedroom pool home "The Waves" - 8
- 4 Bedroom pool home "Splash" - 10
The maximum occupancy permitted includes adults, children, toddlers and infants. “Occupancy” does not refer to the number of individuals sleeping overnight, instead, it refers to the maximum number of individuals permitted to be in the dwelling. Our properties may not be used during the day as the gathering spot for friends and family also staying in the area. The 4 bedroom pool home is not available for wedding receptions, graduation parties, etc, and the use of the home and pool is limited to the number of guests that are registered when the reservation is booked.
We do not rent to chaperoned groups or vacationing college students.
WE VERIFY THE NUMBER OF GUESTS DURING EACH STAY. Those parties that exceed the allowable maximum occupancy or exceed 3 children for each adult over the age of 25, will be required to vacate immediately and all prepaid funds, including damage deposit will be forfeited.
- Every effort has been made for accuracy in our printed material; however, we are not responsible for errors or omissions. Rental data and rates are subject to change without notice.
- Request to open the door due to guest’s misplacement of key will result in a $50 charge (8am-5pm weekdays), $75 charge if after hours or on weekend or holiday.
- Guest authorizes Big Thunder personnel access to rental unit to verify that all terms of this agreement are complied with, or to perform maintenance and repairs.
- All properties are non-smoking. There is absolutely NO SMOKING permitted inside any unit. In addition to smoking prohibited inside the units, smoking is not permitted on the decks, balconies, pool area, parking area, BBQ area, or grounds surrounding the property.
- Big Thunder Properties is not responsible for items left behind, misplaced or lost. Big Thunder Properties, upon a written request, will mail/ship items left behind for a minimum $40 charge. Big Thunder Properties will not ship or arrange for shipment of any firearms left behind and ask that firearms not be brought into or onto the property. Any firearms left behind will be turned over to the Sheriff's Department.
- On-site parking of recreational vehicles, golf carts, and/or personal watercraft (boats, trailers, jet skis, etc.) is prohibited at all properties.
- Any reservation obtained under false pretense or misrepresentation will be subject to forfeiture of deposits and prepaid rental funds. Age requirement, occupancy limits, smoking & pet policy are strictly enforced.
- Please do not move furniture from it's original position, disconnect electronics or move them from room to room. You will be charged the minimum maintenance service fee ($75) to reconnect electronics or reposition furniture.
11. CLEANING: Daily cleaning service is not provided. Linens and towels are accounted for following each rental and we ask that other than the beach towels, you do not take linens and towels to the beach. You will be charged for linens and towels that are missing or have been stained from makeup, tanning lotion, after sun lotion, food, grease etc. All units are provided with several towels labeled "RAG", which can be used to wipe/clean any spills or mishaps and we ask that these towels be used to avoid permanent stains on the bathroom towels. If you will be traveling with an infant or toddler that may wet the bed, we strongly recommend that you bring a mattress protector. You will be charged to replace mattress pads that have been soiled/stained. Beach towels are provided at all properties and we ask that you do not take bath towels to the beach. Guests are responsible for providing their own bath soap, shampoo, paper items, cleaning supplies, trash can liners and laundry detergent*. An initial set-up of trash liners & toilet tissue is provided. *High-efficiency (HE) laundry detergent is required at Beachcrest Condo #505, Walton Dunes Townhome #3, 7 Palms Townhome #5, 3 & 4 Bedroom Pool Homes.
12. CANCELLATIONS / REFUNDS: For reservations booked directly through Big Thunder Properties: Because a property is removed from the availability calendar and no longer able to be rented for the dates in question, once a reservation is confirmed, we cannot issue a refund for a cancelled reservation unless the unit is re-rented for the same rental payment and time period which had been reserved. If re-rented, all prepaid funds will be refunded, minus a 4% deduction from the total amount prepaid, and minus a $50 cancellation fee.
For reservations booked through VRBO/HomeAway: Because a property is removed from the availability calendar and no longer able to be rented for the dates in question once a reservation is confirmed, we cannot issue a refund for a cancelled reservation unless the property is re-rented for the same rental payment and time period which had been reserved. If re-rented all prepaid funds will be refunded minus the HomeAway service fee and minus a $50 cancellation fee.
For all reservations: OTHER THAN THE ABOVE STATED REFUND POLICY, WE DO NOT REFUND ANY PORTION OF RENT OR ADVANCE PAYMENTS FOR CANCELLATIONS OR EARLY DEPARTURES, FOR ANY REASON OTHER THAN A MANDATORY EVACUATION DUE TO A TROPICAL STORM OR HURRICANE. Cancellations must be made by certified mail or email (email sent to debi@BigThunderProperties.com). We cannot accept cancellations that are made by phone. Refunds are not given due to appliance, utility, cable or internet failure, beach condition, weather (except mandatory evacuation due to tropical storm or hurricane), for any inconvenience caused by tenants or circumstances arising from adjacent units, nor for cancellations due to guest or family illness. Big Thunder Properties does not provide Travel Insurance, however Travel Insurance policies are available for a small fee and can be obtained by various online Insurance Agencies (google "travel insurance"). In most cases, travel insurance will reimburse the Guest in the event the Guest must cancel. The Guest may elect not to buy insurance, however we strongly encourage doing so, particularly if there is any chance a trip may be cancelled due to family illness, a change in work schedule, transportation failure (i.e. flight cancellation), etc. If the Guest has purchased travel insurance, the Guest must contact the travel insurance company to request a refund.
INTERRUPTION OF SERVICES, DELAYS, ACTS OF GOD
Renter understands and agrees that Management is not, and shall not, be held responsible for inconveniences or disruptions to Renter caused by acts beyond the control of Management.
Examples of such disruption are, but are not limited to, inclement weather or surf, damage to beach or beach accessibility caused by storms (or other acts of God), construction, strike, acts of government or its agencies, changes in airline schedules or availability, disruption due to repairs or construction in building or neighboring buildings.
It is specifically understood and agreed that inconveniences or disruptions of this type are NOT cause for cancellation or termination of this Agreement, nor cause for any abatement of rent due, nor rent paid. Additionally, should any listed amenity (including cell phone coverage or internet services) be or become non-operational or appliance be or become non-operational during your stay, this shall not be cause for cancellation nor an abatement of any rent paid. Management shall make all reasonable attempts to remedy any situation of a missing amenity or non-operational appliance.
13. HURRICANE POLICY / MANDATORY EVACUATION: - Refunds will be given when the following circumstance occurs:
A "Mandatory Evacuation" is issued for Walton County as the result of a “Tropical Storm Warning" or "Hurricane Warning” advisory from The National Weather Service.
On the day the National Weather Service advises that a “Tropical Storm Warning" or "Hurricane Warning ” and a "Mandatory Evacuation" has been issued for Walton County, Big Thunder Properties will refund:
- Any unused portion of rent from guests currently registered.
- Any unused portion of rent from guests scheduled to arrive while the evacuation is in effect and wish to shorten their stay to arrive after the “Tropical Storm Warning" or "Hurricane Warning” and "Mandatory Evacuation" is lifted.
- Any advance rents collected for a reservation scheduled to arrive during the “Tropical Storm Warning" or "Hurricane Warning” and "Mandatory Evacuation" period.
14. TELEPHONE / LONG DISTANCE Because most travelers have a cell phone, we no longer provide land-line phone service at any property. If you do not travel with a cell phone, you will not have phone service while staying at any of our properties
15. ITEMS YOU WILL NEED TO BRING: Paper products (paper towels, toilet tissue, garbage bags), bath soap, dishwasher and laundry detergents (High-efficiency (HE) laundry detergent is required at Beachcrest Condo #505, Walton Dunes Townhome #3, 7 Palms Townhome #5, Sugar Dunes Condo #13, 3 & 4 Bedroom Homes, all units have an iron and ironing board, we do not provide hair dryers. If you will be traveling with an infant or toddler that may wet the bed, we strongly recommend that you bring a mattress protector. You will be charged to replace mattress pads that have been stained.
Please remember to bring plenty of sunscreen...the sun reflects off of our sugar white sand and you can quickly burn even when sitting under an umbrella..